IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) operates most of the Indian Railway services, including catering, tourism and online ticketing. In addition, they also provide the option of cancelling tickets.
Follow these steps below to cancel your counter ticket:
- Open your web browser and go to “https://www.operations.irctc.co.in/ctcan/SystemTktCanLogin.jsf.”
- Enter in the provided boxes your PNR and train number together with Captcha.
- To confirm that the regulations and rules have been read, select the given box.
- Click on “Submit.”
- An OTP will be sent to a mobile phone number which was given at the time of booking.
- Enter the password that was received in your cellphone through the SMS and click Submit.
- Once the OTP has been validated, the PNR details will be shown on the screen.
- Ensure that the details are correct.
- After you have filled in the required information, and verified the details, you can cancel the ticket. The customer will see the refund sum on screen.
- A SMS with the PNR number and refund details will be sent to the same mobile number. Sample copy:
- “Because your PNR xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been cancelled.” Collect the refund number xxxx from the stations or their local satellites or portal redemption centres. Reference. Conditions and Terms”
For tickets which are cancelled 24 hours before the departure time of the scheduled train, refunds are permitted up to 4 hours before the departure of the train in case of verified tickets and up to 30 minutes before the departure of the train for RAC/waitlisted tickets.
For tickets which are cancelled between 24 hours and up to 4 hours in case of confirmed tickets and up to thirty minutes for RAC/waitlisted tickets before the scheduled departure time are only permitted refund at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations by handing over the original journey ticket.