The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has taken certain initiatives to make it easier for its passengers to travel. A new service was also announced by IRCTC to change the boarding station.
This service is intended to offer relief to passengers who, in case of an emergency, wish to change their boarding station or something else occurs.
This functionality is available for passengers who have booked their trains online via IRCTC and not via travel agents or the passenger booking system.
It should also be noted that for PNRs with the VIKALP option, this boarding station alternation service is not available.
If a passenger changes boarding points, he or she will lose the rights to board on a rail from the original boarding station, and the passengers may, according to IRCTC, change their station no later than 24 hours before the scheduled train departure.
If a passenger is identified to travel without the required authority, then the passenger must pay the ticket and the charge between his original boarding station and the revised boarding station.
How do you change the boarding point of your journey?
Follow these steps to change your boarding point:
- Open your web browser and go to “https://www.irctc.co.in/“., the official website of IRCTC.
- Use your login ID and password to log into your account.
- Go to the “Booking Ticket History” section.
- Then choose the train and then and choose “Change Boarding Point.”
- A new window will be opened. From the drop-down menu, select the new boarding station.
- You have now changed the boarding station successfully for your journey.
*Note: Changes to the boarding point can only be made once.