IRCTC has made constant efforts to improve its services and make it easier for passengers to travel on Indian Railways. They also offer a Train Fare Enquiry on-line service that allows you to check the train fare for any train.
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to obtain the correct fare and train fare information in only a few minutes.
Special discounts are offered by Indian Railways for special travellers as:
- Senior Citizen Female – 50% off on Base Fare
- Senior Citizen Male – 50% off on Base Fare.
- Student – 50% off on Base Fare
- Doctor – 10% off on Base Fare
Indian Railways Train Fare Enquiry
IRCTC provides two different methods of checking train fares which are as follows:
Train Fare Inquiry by Phone:
To check the fares for different trains, you can call 139 via your mobile phone.
Train Fare Inquiry via the Internet:
Indians can book trains through Indian Railways website as well. You should:
- Head to Indian Railways website and complete the inquiry form there. “http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/FARE/FareEnquiry.html?locale=en“.
- Once the page has been loaded, provide the necessary information, including the following details:
- Train number: the number of the train you want to travel on.
- Journey Date: the date on which the journey begins.
- Source Station: name of the station that commences on the journey.
- Destination Station: Name of the station where you end your journey.
- Travel Class: This represents the class for which you’re trying to book travel.
- Travel Quota: the quota under which the booking is to be made.
The last step is to click on the “Get Fare” button, and fare will be displayed to you according to the provided information.