Indian Railways also provide retirement room facilities for their passengers. You will wait for the train there and it can be for 12 hours or 24 hours before or after the timing of the train. They are charged. Retiring rooms can be booked via your PNR number.
Most of the country’s railway stations do not have retiring rooms available, but major stations such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, etc. have retiring room facilities. mbIt is possible to register one room for one PNR Number.
Costs depend on which type of accommodation you choose to include:
- A Suite
- A Room with Air-conditioning
- Without air conditioner, a simple room
- A Dormitory with Lockers
How do I book a retiring room online?
To book a retiring room online for your tour, follow these steps:
- Open and visit https://www.rr.irctourism.com/ in your web browsers
- Sign in or use the Guest User Login for your IRCTC Account.
- Go ahead and enter the PNR number from the train ticket.
- Click Search and you’ll get the details of your PNR.
- If you’re booking the room at your source station, click on “Book on Source”, or if you’re booking the room at your destination station, click on “Book on Destination”.
- Choose the type of room according to your needs and also pick the date of check-in and departure.
- Click on ‘Check Availability’ after filling out the details.
- Choose Room No and Slot Duration, then click “Proceed.
- Enter the type and number of your ID card and click “Proceed.”
- Click the ‘Make Payment’ button.
- Choose your payment option and finish the payment process.
- Take the booking printout and you have now booked a retiring room at your chosen station successfully.